AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try to use my ECP-4000's onboard remote to teach a universal learning remote. My onboard remote does not have the IR emitter LED's in it. What I have in mind is to tap into the wire from the onboard remote and use some simple circuit to connect a IR LED and program a learning remote with it.. What I don't know is if the signal on the onboard remote wire is the same as what drives the LED's on a IR remote. I assume that the LED gets a modulated ultrasonic frequency signal. The wire from the OB remote might carry the same signal or a raw serial data.

Anybody know anything about this?

John D

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
What year is the projector? Or do you know if it is a high freq remote? I have two IR remotes for the last two ECP's that I have. If you want to send it to me I'll be glad to clone it for you. You should make sure that you get a remote that saves commands while making a battery change.

Chip S.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's an update of my attempts.

I scoped the signal on the remote cable. It looked like data bytes about 100ms long. Each bit was a burst of 3khz. I cannibalized an old remote and hooked this signal into it's IR output. I got a universal remote to appear learn from it.. It looked like it would work but than the universal remote would not operate the projector.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm thinking that the internal remote must be outputting a serial signal tat differs from the IR commands in some way. I never could get my AMX Viewpoint to control the projector, and suspect they have only included these serial commands that wil not work on IR.

Keep plugin away,

Sean

·
Registered
550 Posts
what kind of remote are you trying to program?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The remote is a older Radio Shack (Realistic) 15-1902 which appears identical to a Memorex CP4. It has "Store" and "Error" LED's to indicate if a function has been learned sucessfully. I have a couple more ideas to try before I abandon this effort. Do learning remotes usually work with ECP (low freq) projectors?

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
My Pronto works with it, but this is kind of an odd case I guess (easy to get it to work too, just download the right file, Guy Kuo's, from RemoteCentral.com).

I can look at the service manual tonight, there's some info on the remote in there and protocol discussion.

Cary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.