AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it like taking two steps forward and one backward with this PJ! I'm finally learning the in's and out's of setting this thing up and getting more comfortable with adjusting the internals. I made some changes last Saturday and decided to redo the Stig and Flare to get better focus. Started off with the green tube and was making some headway until I ran into a snag. One of the tabs on the flare ring broke off! :( this made adjustment really difficult but I had to continue as it was waaaay off. Then the other damn tab broke off! :(

I've tried using Krazy glue to stick them back on but it didn't work too well and they soon fell off again. I managed to get an "acceptable" green grid but there is a lot of room for improvement. Any other suggestions for fixing these things or am I going to have to pull the yoke off and put new rings on it?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
They always break - the plastic gets old and brittle. I've had pretty good luck just moving the rings with a tool I made out of aluminum. A small flat bladed jeweler's screwdriver works ok but of course you have to remove it to see the affect of each adjustment.

William

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to use my soldering iron on Saturday to "melt" the two pieces back on. Didn't work at all.......

Ended up using a small screwdriver to push one of the rings around whilst holding the other one with another screwdriver. I managed to get things looking ok again...I might raid the other old ECP sitting in the basement at work and pull of one of the yokes to get the rings and also a neck board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.