AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for help with this ecp4100. I'm driving this from a couple of sources (problem does not seem to care which ie. dvd or htpc) thru Electrohome video switcher using that Electrohome multi-pin cable to the ceiling mounted projector. The problem has to do with the green tube only. It will intermittently flicker and then at times go out entirely, then relite and be fine for hours or days. It looked to me like an input or connector problem, and reseating the PWCs did seem to help, but it has not fixed. I'm in process of making up new RGB cables to bypass the switcher and the multi-pin cable before I look inside the projector.Maybe someone out there has a silver bullit (dream on) on this one?? Failing that I'll be needing some block diagrams for the unit.Would appreciate any useful help.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
If the test pattern dies as well, then it will be the connector on the back of hte motherboard that sends the video feeds to each CRT socket. Common problem with the ECPs, and a PITA to get to, as the whole set has to come apart.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt palme /forum/post/18169211

if the test pattern dies as well, then it will be the connector on the back of hte motherboard that sends the video feeds to each crt socket. Common problem with the ecps, and a pita to get to, as the whole set has to come apart.

thx much for reply. Won't be able to test for about a month, assuming yur correct, is this something an amateur could do??

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
The hardest thing is getting to the connector, as it's on the back of the motherboard. Most people get rid of the connector completely, and solder the shielded wires right to the motherboard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme /forum/post/18199381

The hardest thing is getting to the connector, as it's on the back of the motherboard. Most people get rid of the connector completely, and solder the shielded wires right to the motherboard.

thx again, any do/do not items on disassembly process or just matter maintaining order?

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Hello

When the tubes are removed you will see pins sticking up from the backplane, solder to the pins.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockapulco /forum/post/18292913

The unit is ceiling mounted, is it reasonable to do this without taking it down??

Hello

Nearly impossible, the tubes would fall out if you tried it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts