AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help,


I just replaced both my blue and green Power Def. Modules, the green was bad and I broke L2 on the blue when I was removing it.


1) On power up the tubes turn on and off several times then stay on

2) their is a 6" wide yellow strip on the right side of the screen

3) their is also a faint 12" blue strip on the same side.

4) the blue will not stay converged (did hard resest, red button)


any ideas or direction on adjusting the unit to remove at least the yellow strip, I would like a decent image for Super Sunday.


thanx,

Carlos_r

ECP4100/HTPC, WIN/Me, TheaterTek1.5, PowerStrip3._, ATi 7200,

HiPix(HDTV), Bettercables Silverserpent 1m
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Have you checked the raster on the blue tube to make sure it's centered on the tube face? A yellow strip would indicate you have green and red only on that area, which sounds to me like the blue is probably off center.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
composr.


I was able to converge 75% of the blue tube except for the remaining 25% on the right side, I does seem like it is not centered? when I try to converge the right side the far left lines move in the same direction? When I view the tube face it is close to being centered, (wearing sunglasses of course). Also the left portion of the dots on the tube face are smeared?

how would I re-center the blue if that is my problem?


Unit was working fine prior to the PDM replacement.


thanx

carlos_r
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
carlos_r, I haven't done this in a while but I think it's a pot labeled R16 on the 4100. If you have newer power deflection boards then it's R1 or R2. Basically it's a small pot at the back of the pd board near the P6, P7, and P8 connectors. If you have the service manual, it's in section 19.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top