AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the home audio community and am just looking for some advice. Ive pretty much read everywhere that the mirage setup is a pretty good deal at $500. The ED setup is a little more but not really sure how to compare the two so any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ps I currently have the Pio 1019 running some klipsch bookshelf speakers. While watching some bluerays off of my ps3 I need to get the pio down to -6.0 db for it to really sound good to me. I also have a cadence 15 sub. So I ordered the pio elite vsx 03 with the assumption that it would provide the power im looking for.

·
Registered
29,106 Posts
Klispch speakers are generally very efficient. I'm surprised you'd have to turn your receiver up that loud to get the sound you like, especially with a large powered sub. You must have a very large room.

Did you bother to calibrate your system first?

·
Registered
894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrac25 /forum/post/16906073

ps I currently have the Pio 1019 running some klipsch bookshelf speakers. While watching some bluerays off of my ps3 I need to get the pio down to -6.0 db for it to really sound good to me. I also have a cadence 15 sub. So I ordered the pio elite vsx 03 with the assumption that it would provide the power im looking for.

I was going to say that the two units may have the same amp section (I believe the 1018/VSX01 and VSX03 amps were identical), but holy cow! The 1019 lost 10lbs *and* the pre-outs from its predecessor. Horrible "upgrade".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Afrogt, yes i calibrated the system using the mcacc and it actually set the sub so that i couldnt really hear it. Weird i had to go in and change the sub setting to plus. I used to have them running nicely off an integra 6.5 which broke down recently. Id also say my room size is about 20' x 13'.

s44 I was thinking the same thing after what some people were saying in here. However since you can try out receivers for 30 days at bestbuy i went ahead and bought it hoping it would workout. But then i found the vsx03 for $500 shipped no tax which was only 50 more than i paid for the 1019 so i felt it was too good to pass up.

I just really dont think i should have to turn it up this loud to get good sound. Thanks for the responses though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.