AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for 2 surrounds to finish off my setup and its between these 2. I plan to wall mount them so would need wall brackets also that im going to get off monoprice.

My setup will be Primus P362's and the P350 center channel, an eD A2-300 sub and an Onkyo 608. So which pair do you guys think are better since they are basically the same price

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Yeah, I used to own the eD A3-5TC's, before they changed the name, in a 2.1 setup. (why name change?). They are fantastic speakers for the money, but they have zero bass. I still use 4 of them in another setup for surrounds. I have a full 7.1 eD setup.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensctt /forum/post/19554431

From experience, don't waste your time or money with the above mounts. Instead, use these: Pinpoint AM-40

I have had the same experience. Bought the Monoprice mounts and found them to be pretty weak. I skipped them and went with the AM40 pinpoints and they have been stellar. Holds heavy bookshelf speakers and doesn't even require you to drill a hole in them. Yeah they cost more, but the extra money is worth the headache saved, I wish I had went with the AM40s to begin with.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK cool thanks for the input. The only thing is that Im not sure if those brackets will fit for the spot I would have to mount them. Here in the picture it shows the one side where I have my surrounds now its a 9 1/2" beam where I would have to put it.

Since those brackets look like I would have to mount the 152s standing up I doubt that they would fit in that spot unless you can really angle the speakers downward a lot....Any input on this? Attachment 192490

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
Because of the way the AM40s are oriented, I have a tough time seeing how they can be mounted horizontally. You might be able to aim them downward but they only tilt down so many degrees, I'm not sure it's doable in your setup. You might be better off looking for some other bookshelf mounts. Make sure the mounts you get are rated for the weight of the speakers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ /forum/post/19558348

Because of the way the AM40s are oriented, I have a tough time seeing how they can be mounted horizontally. You might be able to aim them downward but they only tilt down so many degrees, I'm not sure it's doable in your setup. You might be better off looking for some other bookshelf mounts. Make sure the mounts you get are rated for the weight of the speakers.

How do these look. same brand and they have 18 degrees of tilt so seems like i might be able to fit them on that beam

http://www.jr.com/pinpoint/pe/PPT_AM10_SL_B/

From the looks of it there is a 90 degree swivel so as long as i could lock the swivel in place i could position the speaker sideways if i needed

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
They don't look too bad to me, but you know your situation better then I do, so you should know better than I would. Those do require drilling into the speaker, if you are comfortable with that. Maybe you want to rig something up yourself instead of buying a mount, your situation seems to call for a custom approach.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i mean as long as drilling into the speaker for the mount isnt going to ruin the speaker i have no problem with that.

Not really sure what i could come up with on my own other than going for a bracket like this. the left/right swivel doesnt seem to lock in so i could always put a bolt or screw into the beam to have it set at a certain angle if I had to put it sideways

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.