AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Friday's episode, it said "catch the final two episodes!" I'm assuming that means of the season, but I thought my wife was gonna have a breakdown. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
ed is still on the air.

geez...

·
Registered
564 Posts
It's unknown at this time. Scpeculation is that this is the final two episodes. It was renewed last year after much negotiating with NBC. Odds are, one of the best shows on TV will be gone next year. One has to wonder what NBC plans to do next year with prime time. If Ed and Frasier are both gone, NBC might as well pack in their primetime ratings.

NBC....

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
NBC killed Boomtown (my favorite show since Robbery Homicide), they can certainly kill Ed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
NBC did the exact same thing last season just before Ed's season wrapped up, so it apparently means nothing. That's not to say it'll be back next year, but just that the wording of the promos is meaningless.

I love Ed, but if it does go away, at least my wife and I will be closer to our goal of exorcising NBC from our home! Supersize that, Zucker. (Man, I never realized how close to perfect his last name is.)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rcwalters
Seriously, what's left?
Law & Order. NBC's sinking fast.

[edit: Oh, and Scrubs. Scrubs is good, definitely good]

·
Registered
564 Posts
Damn. Forgot about Friends. Man, they have nothing left. Whoppie was a flop. Law and Order... That's it. Damn. Whats really sad is Ed's time slot was shifted for "The Apprentice". Are you freakin' kidding????

As for how the ad's are running... The last ad I saw for Ed said, "The final two episodes in America's Love Story", not season.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Another law and order is coming out....

Law & Order: Neverland

·
Registered
564 Posts
Isn't this the last year for ER as well? Las Vegas is alright. Hidden Hills got canned.

Must be banking on the Olympics saving their entire year.... Good luck.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
ER, The West Wing, Will and Grace, Fear factor, .........hmmmmmmm....

wow i guess that is it.

They better ask Mr Trump for some more Apprentice.........

·
Registered
564 Posts
Law and Order: Special Pervert Unit.

Oh, and Arena Football in HD!!!

ROLMFAO!!!

West Wing is alright too I suppose. If you ask me CBS is kicking some serious tail...

CSI (Both)

Without a Trace

Cold Case

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Law and Order: Dont know what to do with Ice-T Unit.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
NBC deserves all the hate-filled invectives it gets for NOT doing the Golden Globes in HD. All that eye candy -- Uma, Charlize, Nicole -- wasted!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Ed used to be great...but it has got too damn hokey, just like Providence did...

OT: I see that HDnet has picked up Robbery Homicide Division, is HDnet making new episodes or just re-airing the originals, or both?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I look forward to Las Vegas. But thats it on the peacock.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
What is Ed about?

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Other than ER this was the only show on NBC that I watched.... I would be sad to see it go. Part of the reason this season was so hokey was because last season it almost got cancelled so the writers felt the need to go away from what made Ed good to more friends like. Ed was best when he was in the courtroom but really has been in the courtroom maybe 2 times this season. They got away from the whole cast and made it an Ed/Carol thing which is the complete wrong thing to do IMO.

·
Registered
655 Posts
When networks move any program to Fridays, it's usually the last stop for the show before its cancellation. This isn't a hard and fast rule, but historically, this has been the case.

I watch Ed and can say that some of the heartiest laughs I've had while watching television over the last few years were from watching this show. The show may or may not have run it's course and JulieB is still one of the finest faces in HD.

...I've got a bad feeling it's not looking too good for Ed.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.