AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for all who purchased ED plasmas. Why?

Dont take this as an insult or a flame in any way because it is not. Maybe my thinking is incorrect and if it is, someone plesae correct me.

Is it not true that with an ED set that you cannot enjoy true HDTV?

Why go out and spend the money on a plasma if you arent going to buy a HD one?

For the same money you can purchase a top of the line HD direct view

Am I way off here?

·
Registered
132 Posts
When I bought my 42mp3, there were no 42" plasmas that were high definition, so plasmas were not a choice. At that time, I don't think there were too many, if any comparable direct view sets (different case now). In addition, the large bulk of my viewing is DVDs/games/standard cable with very little HD at all. I will say though, that even though my display does not display true HD, the HD signals I have fed it have looked fantastic, and far better than normal ED signals.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Search the forum for additional comments. This is talked about often.

The short answer is I just purchased the Panny 6UY and the display is great. At this size and normal viewing conditions, most people don't see a difference between ED and HD. ED does a better job with SD TV programming which is most of what is available. So for me, watching DVD, HD TV and SD TV, the ED Panny was the way to go.

The direct view sets I looked at did not compare in picture quality. I'll leave the technical explaination for the experts. There are many on the forum who can provide the long answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.