AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ed mentioned in an email that it has taken the A7-450 off its product list while it reworks it. Instead of 3 smaller ports, it will have two 6 inch ports like the Epik Conquest. Not sure what other changes will be made.

Apparently there WAS something to be desired with the A7-450.

Maybe they will let ribbit trade his pair of underperforming A7-450s for a pair of the new ones.

· Registered
1,963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/15415519

Ed mentioned in an email that it has taken the A7-450 off its product list while it reworks it. Instead of 3 smaller ports, it will have two 6 inch ports like the Epik Conquest. Not sure what other changes will be made.

Maybe they will let ribbit trade his pair of underperforming A7-450s for a pair of the new ones.

nobody cares about your posts

· Registered
1,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/15415519

As quoted from the blog:

1. Demand. We continually get requests

2. Current design allows for D2 and D4 to be swapped. When this happens it gives too much power at 4ohm (If the D2 coil is swapped in) if used incorrectly. We want to remove this from EVER being possible again. There is too much headache associated with it if the change is allowed to happen for everyone involved.

3. Construction. We're redesigning in large part with the production manager. The current design goes together in a but more production oriented environment a bit quicker.

4. Sub 30Hz output. We've improved it.

5. Abuse. It'll take more of a beating.

6. Lower distortion.

7. More power.

We give people what they want. There was nothing wrong with the A7-450, we have a lot of them out there. People have issues with any product. But this doesn't mean there was something wrong with it.

Take a BMW and drive it into a brick wall. Its not going to work...That doesn't mean its under performing of a product

· Registered
559 Posts
anyone with small animals should be careful...

· Registered
197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowcarIX /forum/post/15416207

anyone with small animals should be careful...

that looks awesome! how'd you get it so fast? It's not even on the website yet.

i just watched horton hears a who with my kids on my pair of a7s-450. great movie on bluray. it's a non stop subwoofer fest. sometimes i think a pair of the new a7-450's would be awesome, yet at the same time, my sealed 450's are ridiculously powerful on their own.

enjoy.

domingo: exactly....

alex: great analogy. when can we expect the new a7450 to be online?

· Registered
559 Posts
thats my conquest

horton is great - a great variety of LFE

· Registered
2,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflap /forum/post/15416576

i should have known....

yeah, i wasn't expecting horton to be such a good subwoofer movie.

Yeah! I was pleasantly surprised. I bet the cat just loved those ports...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.