AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally dont watch sitcoms, but I was bored, so I was seeing what was on..., ED, ok whatever that is, the quality is garbage, some upconverted bull crap that you can tell it isn't even in HD. Anyone have any insight on this?

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Ed has always had some of the BEST HD out there, tonight it was done in a "Documentary" style and the camera angles had more of a hand held feel. Other than that it looked fine here...

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
looks and looked outstanding! not all hd is or should be super duper crystal clear... it is not the sharpest film based show but is decent and has intentionally vibrate colors which is somewhat unique and interesting and hd does well, i like the look of how the show is shot and think it translates well in hd.

but to each their own! :)

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DOBE
It looked upconverted to me but NBC says it's HD. I watched Smallville most of the night.
I think KCRA was having a problem at the start of the show -- on my receiver, the top half of the screen was nothing but a series of diagonal green lines, while the bottom had a somewhat normal HD picture. After about 3-4 minutes of this, they switched to a 4:3 upconvert. Later I tuned back in, and it was HD, sans the previous problem.

--Bill R.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I think the new car smell has worn off of HDTV for you :p

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
I don't know about the image quality, since I watched it on my 36" set (looked great there), but I thought the show was awesome. I don't see any of that Moonlighting fall that so many people speculated about once they put Ed and Carol together. I thought last night's episode was one of the best ever. Right up there with last year's Lucid Dreams episode. I hope it stays this good all year.

--Darin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.