AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not want to start a big controversial thread over this issue, but I want opinions! I have been researching 42" & 50" Plasmas. Some of you have seen my posts regarding specific models I am considering. This will be for my family room with a minimum viewing distance of 9 feet. Primarily the broadcasts will be digital satellite. Sometimes cable and sometimes VHS tapes (kids). I watch the TV sometimes for sports. I have a Sony WEGA HDTV 32" in my bedroom that I primarily watch. Right now we do not get any HDTV programming. The PQ on my Sony for SD programming is not that great. Should I just get an ED given the fact that none of the programming I watch right now is HDTV? Anyone got an opinion?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That is helpful. If you have an opinion, give it to me!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jlazarus
Thanks! That is helpful. If you have an opinion, give it to me!!
Just kidding. For your needs, an 42 ED sounds like it would be perfect. Move it to the bedroom in 3 years when the bigger, better plasmas are out.

That is unless you want a 50" now...in that case, you're screwed...and just as confused as the rest of us. :D

elvis

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
At 9+feet you most likely won't be able to see any difference between a 42" ED or HD plasma with a HD feed. Only at closer distances would a HD signal look different. For 9+ feet you might he better with a 50" plasma for HD video.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.