AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
LG GX | LG SP11RA
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Panny DMR-E80H to record HD football to transfer to DVD. How can it edit out the commercials fast? I am currently using the "divide program" feature and it seems to take forever. Can anyone give a helpful step-by-step?

I wish we could import custom graphics for menus - it this recorder had that - it would be perfect. BTW - ESPNHD games look great on a dvd!

· Registered
3,842 Posts
Instead of using divide program, use shorten segment. You just select it from the program's menu, use the fast forward, slow motion and/or pause buttons (depending on how accurate you want to be) to pick the start point, then the end point, and the 80H will delete everything in between. You'll still end up with a single program, but minus the commercials.

I'd suggest a practice run on a show you don't care about. It's pretty easy to use.

Scott

· Registered
651 Posts
A practice run would help, many a user in this forum have reversed the process and ended up cutting the content.

· Banned
691 Posts
I'd like to import graphics for menus also; maybe the next generation?

I'm starting to use a trick on my E80 to fill that menu screen. I'm backing up all my Looney Tunes LDs to DVD-R. I'd like to enter each cartoon's name but, as you know, the E80 doesn't allow you to name your markers, only titles. That's the key! The E80 will allow titles to be named and you can dub many titles to a DVD-R (or RAM). After I copy an LD to disc, I divide each cartoon into a title, name it, then dub them all to DVD-R. Now every cartoon is named and has its own slot on the menu. Playback from one title to the next is seamless on all my players; better yet, the PREV and NEXT buttons act like all those titles are merely chapters so that title skipping has the appearance of chapter skipping - good enough for me. And when I display the menu, I can simply pick which title I want - just like screne selection.

The downside is that time elapsed and time remaining are for each title only and not the entire program, and searches stop at the beginning or end of a title, but these are minor annoyances to me, at best.

So, that's my solution to chapter naming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.