AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using the extract_rtv program for the last couple of months, and it has been really useful to me. I extract scenes from the MPEG2 files, convert them to DV format, and use them in a yearly compilation of my favorite TV shows. The problem I am having is that sometimes there will be dropped frames in the exported MPEG files (due to minor loss of signal problems, I guess). Using the Womble MPEG2VCR editor, a program that is supposed to be 2 hours long will get misreported as say an hour and a half. Although the program can be viewed without major problems on ReplayTV, it seems to confuse editing software (the audio stream is normally of the correct length, but the video stream may be much shorter). Is there a way of normalizing an MPEG file like this so that products like MPEG2VCR can handle it correctly?

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
What version of the app do you have? I ask because I'm having a hell of a time finding an upgrade 3.10 which is what vcdhelper says can clip without reencoding. I can't do it with a 3.01 version, the files seems to get reencoded based on some AV settings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.