AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a number of 2hr hi8 analog video tapes digitized - they came out as huge (20-25gig) avi files. I've tried a good number of video editors so that I can remove redundant parts and burn to dvd but non of them can work with these files - they usually choke and close. I thought that my files might be corrupt but they play ok through windows media player. Then I thought they might be too big - but I can't break them into smaller pieces unless I can find software that can handle files of this size. Any idea what might work?

Thanks for any help.

Ivan Gepner

·
Registered
3,742 Posts

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
If you just want to cut the naughty bits out, AVIDeMux or VirtualDub are two free programs that can probably do it. By your filesizes I'm assuming you have DV encoded AVI. Keep them as DV and then author your DVDs using FAVC, also free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Each one of these files started as a 2 hour hi8 analog tape that was sent through some digitizing electronics and controlled by adobe premiere pro - this was done for me as a favor by the AV guy where I work. These videos are important to me because they were taken of my kids when they were little - they are now in high school. I'm looking for something simple to use that will just get the video split - I'll check out your suggestions. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts