AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I am thinking of purchasing Cyberlink Power Director Editing Suite, I understand from Cyberlink that I can only put it on one of my computers. How do they restrict this, how do they know what I am doing, are they just saying this to get more money?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi all,I am thinking of purchasing Cyberlink Power Director Editing Suite, I understand from Cyberlink that I can only put it on one of my computers. How do they restrict this, how do they know what I am doing, are they just saying this to get more money?
Normally, when you install software it asks for a license key. When you type that in, it activates the software. If you go and try to install it on another computer, it is going to 'phone home' to activate the other copy, realize that you already have it installed on another computer, and not let you install it.

Sometimes, it doesn't care if you install it on another computer. Just as long as both copies are not being USED at the same time.

and sometimes there really is no check!

so...give it a try and see what happens...though if it says explicitly to only put it on one computer, don't be surprised if it doesn't work on the second!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts