AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the reasons I bought a new camcorder (Canon HG20) is to make highlight discs of my son playing soccer & football to send to prospective college coaches.

Is there an editing software (hopefully

That would really help coaches know which player is my son since I'm assuming I'll have to burn SD DVDs for coaches as I don't imagine they have Blu-ray players in their offices!

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
i have a client that i do that type of work for, what i use to put arrows onto the video is sony vegas pro... you can download it from b&h for $129(??)... you basically put the arrows above the player right before the play starts, once the player and camera are in motion, the location of the arrow will not remain above the player... it would take sophisticated software to track the player in motion.

the arrow characters can be found in the font choice menus of these editing programs, you might try to download some trial editing software, see how it works, they should all be capable of doing it.

you'll still need a dvd authoring/burning program of some sort, if you go the vegas download route.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does Vegas 9 Platinum Pro Pack have that same feature?

It's $85 on Amazon, and if I have read things around here correctly, it includes authoring/burning capabilities.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts