Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Utne:
The following link provides facts that appear to refute numerous erroneous assumptions and assertions often posted on here:

http://airfarecheck.com/dvb_facts.htm

[This message has been edited by Bob Utne (edited 04-09-2001).]
Thanks. A whole lot of questions I won't have to ask. Is this a hint about my dumb questions? There must be something to what you say with all the flack you get here.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
HUM!!!!!!!!!

Two new members are swayed by Bob. Reminds me on the Jones Town Suicide party.

I'll pass. I'll listen to people who have creditability. Something I learned in the Marine Corps.

Sure is nice watch HDTV NOW!!

Dave

------------------

Watch HDTV!!! Nothing else comes close!

[This message has been edited by David Richardson (edited 04-09-2001).]

·
Banned
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TOM KELLY:
Thanks Bob, great reading. Also, sending out them letters, hope someone reads them.
Tom,

If you liked that one try this one.

http://www.dvb.org/latest.html

Read down to

AND IN PARTICULAR THIS STARTLING

REVELATION THAT THE RECEIVER DEFICIENCY

WAS WELL KNOWN BEFORE HAND

Does anyone know if this is true. If you were involved with this test please under deep purple background give me something. I haven't got a Pulitzer all year. Now my boss is getting involved. Looking over my shoulder. I am letting out to many @#%^^%#$%bleeps!!!

Who is this doing the test? Is it santioned by the Government? The FCC. Anvbody watching this s**t??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bob, just give it up.

It's bad enough having to weed through your bull on Usenet, without having to do it on private message boards.

Nobody cares. Seriously. Doesn't the fact that you are mocked everywhere you go mean anything? You're not a martyr, just someone with too much time on their hands. So Zenith screwed you, get a new job and move on. Please.

Rich

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not Bob Miller and I have never posted on Usernet. His agenda is different than mine.

I believe that COFDM is essential to save free OTA HDTV. If I was in the FCC, I would push for mandatory HD-quality, OTA transmissions from every broadcaster by 2003 with those that don't face losing their licenses (with exceptions in some small population, rural areas).

We blew it when former FCC Chairman Hundt stated he didn't want to use the digital band simply for "pretty pictures". He despised HDTV and did his damndest to kill it by not forcing the broadcasters to deliver HD quality transmissions.

If the present OTA DTV transmission system can miraculously be made to work for those who presently rely on analog OTA TV, so be it, end of discussion. However, according to all tests around the world, COFDM has proven to be superior to 8-VSB for those who presently rely on OTA TV and most others.

I believe that practically all the nations 1600 local broadcasters can transition to COFDM broadcasts within a two-year period and that we have $150 HDTV STBs, COFDM based, on the market by mid 2002 with over 25 million sold by 2005. The rest of the population would depend on cable and satellite.

[This message has been edited by Bob Utne (edited 04-10-2001).]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Why hasn't anyone on this thread asked why the DVB-T report is posted on an travel agency web site? Why didn't BU just post a link to where it was originally located.

Even though the file may be a byte-for-byte copy of the original, I question the reason for posting the file on a totally unrelated web site.

Bob - even though you may believe you really are doing your best to "save" OTA spectrum for HDTV from SDTV and multicasting, your methods are very suspect and tend to make even non-committed persons lean towards dismissing everything you say. You may very well end up being proven completely correct in your assertions that the FCC/ATSC sanctioned testing of 8-VSB vs. COFDM modulation schemes last year were biased, yet your methods of trying to "set the record straight" are not endearing you to the masses.

[This message has been edited by jonlgauthier (edited 04-10-2001).]

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry Jon. I well understand that everyone on here is equally passionate about HDTV. I don't want to see it die and am pursuing what I believe is the most effective path to see it flourish within the entire USA. I will switch paths in a heartbeat if a better one is proven.

·
Registered
164 Posts

Great work Bob! No matter what you post, no matter what you belive,... one second please....FLUSH...swirl, swirl (clock wise)..GONE!

Lets imagine Bob at the head communications work station at the Johnson Space Center when the monitor in which he sits in front of lights up like a Christmas Tree, and a voice comes over his head set saying "HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM". Bobs response "Come in Apollo (*sixteen), your breaking up!"

That's Apollo *Thirteen Bob, go get a drink of water.

------------------

Graphics

STOP DVI/HDCP AND DFAST boycott JVC

·
Registered
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Utne:
I will switch paths in a heartbeat if a better one is proven.
IT WAS ROBERT,...READ RESPONSES TO ALL OF YOUR POST and replies to them!

Do you proof read what you type? its amazing!

------------------

Graphics

STOP DVI/HDCP AND DFAST boycott JVC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.