AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Is this another VP and will it have the capability to greyscale, gamma, and WB adjustments. I was thinking of getting another VP DUO or Lum Mini. Also if this unit can be controlled with Calman, what flavor of licenses is needed?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsform1 /forum/post/20889064

Is this another VP and will it have the capability to greyscale, gamma, and WB adjustments. I was thinking of getting another VP DUO or Lum Mini. Also if this unit can be controlled with Calman, what flavor of licenses is needed?

It's a LUT box.

I don't know what sort of mods Spectracal may have made, but here's all the info from the originator - http://www.eecolor.com/techsupport.htm

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
TruVue eeColor Application Software takes measurements for 21-Step Grayscale + 21-Step Red,Green,Blue.

No Secondary Color Measurements.

Maybe SpectraCAL's is using different Software with more Advanced Features.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts

Quote:
Is this the LUT box that Light Illusion was hoping for in his thread?

No, and I have not had good feedback on this box from a couple of sources (one who has posted on this thread).

A shame, as a good 3D LUT box really is needed for the consumer market...

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD /forum/post/20893623

TruVue eeColor Application Software takes measurements for 21-Step Grayscale + 21-Step Red,Green,Blue.

No Secondary Color Measurements.

Maybe SpectraCAL's is using different Software with more Advanced Features.

The eeColor Image Processor has 6 selectable 65 point 3D LUT's and input/output RGB 1D LUT's and a 3x3 output matrix. So the hardware has more than enough capability to calibrate for anything. The original software that came with the eeColor was limited. At SpectraCal we are working on software to use the 3D and/or 1D LUT's for calibration including a 3D LUT editor. CalMAN v4.4 just released has limited DDC support for the eeColor using the original single pass RGB 21 method. The next update will have a full DDC multi-pass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.