AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone have any ideas as to how much effect the degree of cooling has on the longevity of the projector lamp.

In other words, if for the duration of a viewing session I were to position one of those sealed freezer packs (like those you use for cooling your picnic basket) near the air intake of my projector, do you suppose this might prolong the life of the - very expensive - projector lamp?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Dimitri

·
Registered
110 Posts
I may be way off here, but I think that your idea might actually do more harm than good. My guess is you would probably hinder the flow of air into the projector by placing the cool pack too close the the intake. If you place the cool pack too far away you will not cool the air at all. I would stay away from this approach. I have a drop ceiling in my theater and I use a bathroom type fan attached to some flexible duct to draw the warm air away from the air exhaust of the projector.

·
Registered
634 Posts
In theory, running the bulb cooler should improve life. Sucking room temperature, humid air past a cold surface might cause a moisture problem. If there is a way to do what rickfritz did (have air movement around the projo), that's probably the best compromise.

------------------

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.