Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone used or have any thoughts on using a card such as the Ego-Sys Wami Rack 192X for use in HTPC? Here is a quote from their advertising:

"DVD-Sound is Here

The WaMi Rack 192X goes beyond offering full compatibility with Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 surround formats and is ready to support DTS ES 6.1, and 7.1 new surround formats. Used with a software decoder such as the WinDVD Player the 192X transforms your PC into a full-blown 5.1 home theater system. WaMi Rack 192X also support true 192kHz/24-bit resolution for DVD Audio."

Some people have recommended the M-audio revolution card, however I don't think it's in the same league as this card. Obviously there is a lot of stuff you'd never use on this card, ie. the mic pre-amps, but you do get 8 balanced outputs (all 24/192) aswell as coxail spdif at the same resolution. They also have 2 balanced outs on xlr that would be ideal for a 2 channel setup.

I'm intending to build my home theatre around a HTPC and either active Genelec HT speakers or Mackie monitors. taking 8 balanced outputs from this card right into the speakers appeals to me. If I ever wanted to, I could take the spdif output to a dac/preamp like the Myryad MDP500.

Anyone know if there will at some point be a software DVD-Audio player that will work with this card?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Mike

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.