AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No dedicated thread on it so here it is.

It uses the Realtek 1186DD chipset. It's about $78 + FS on eBay right now. Wireless version is about $92 shipped.

It plays 3D ISO files, mkv, mp4, avi, ts, and other media formats. It can also do 3D mkv's like SBS and OU. I bought this because I didn't want to shell out too much for a dedicated HTPC or pay a premium for the Dune/Popcorn boxes.

Connectivity is ethernet, USB 3.0/2.0, NFS, UPNP, SMB, eSATA. I did have stuttering issues with streaming certain 3D blu ray iso files (Avatar, Dredd) via NFS (most likely a NFS server issue on my end), so I am using a USB 3.0 external drive for 3D ISO content. All other content stream fine via NFS.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohus  /t/1472913/egreat-r6s-3d-blu-ray-iso-hd-media-player#post_23320758

It uses the Realtek 1186DD chipset like what's used in the Dune HD and Popcorn Hour A400 box. It's about $78 + FS on eBay right now. Wireless version is about $92 shipped.

The Dune and PCH use a Sigma chip. Mede8er 600/1000x3d players use the Realtek 1186 as well as a few other less supported players from KDLinks, Micca and HiMedia.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by djc11369  /t/1472913/egreat-r6s-3d-blu-ray-iso-hd-media-player#post_23321063

The Dune and PCH use a Sigma chip. Mede8er 600/1000x3d players use the Realtek 1186 as well as a few other less supported players from KDLinks, Micca and HiMedia.

oh thats right lol. i will fix that.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Egreat's still in business? Wow... who would have though that!

Guess you can still get away with offering zero product support....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob  /t/1472913/egreat-r6s-3d-blu-ray-iso-hd-media-player#post_23323387

Egreat's still in business? Wow... who would have though that!

Guess you can still get away with offering zero product support....

It's also priced much cheaper than it's competitors. So there's gives and takes. It's essentially the same chip used in other branded HD media players. For my usage, I don't use it as a dedicated htpc replacement. It does the job of playing media files, including 3D.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi, I've just received my Egreat R6S Pro. So far almost all of the formats I've threw on it played it fine. It even supports firmware updates/upgrade form egreat site & there's also custom firmware. I’ve tried the latest firmware, installed successfully & works fine fixing some minor bugs & with some additions. My only issue on the device is on the movies/concert I’ve played with DTS-HD MA audio, most of it, the audio will crash(sound was lost) after sometime during playback or when going to next chapter. my setup before is I play the movies/concerts with DTS-HD MA audio trough my laptop connected to my Receiver without issues. Anyone here have same problem? Please kindly advise what would be the solution for this or any latest firmware that will fix this. Regards to all.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCS  /t/1472913/egreat-r6s-3d-blu-ray-iso-hd-media-player#post_24290983

does it play 3d mkvs ripped directly from blurays using makemkv?

Sorry to reply to an old thread.

MajorCS - Did you manage to find an answer to your question above? I am trying to find out as well. From makemkv forums, it looks like you have to select SBS from the menu somewhere and then it plays it as frame packed for the MKV 3D MVC videos.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It plays full HD 3D video ripped from blurays using makemkv. At least it did until the thing stopped working (on power on it just sits on a screen showing "Waiting for USB update".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts