AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have read the service manual, the owners manual, the set-up manual, and the training manual for the EH 9500LC. None answer my question.

I have some sort of ??mold?? on the face of my green gun. Now, the problem is that I have the LC, so I can't just clean the face of the gun.

Or can I?

I know the space is liquid filled, but I would rather not drain and refill this fluid. What are my options?

How are these spaces filled?

I'm really surprised the service manual does not detail this.

Thanks in advance. I'm learning quite a bit around here. ;)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
DO NOT PUMP CLR or other solvents into your LC chambers!

A recent de-fungusing thread lamented the destruction of a members 'C' elements by CLR. (The 'C' elements are apparently plastic.)

You will probably have to drain and disassemble the C elements to clean this.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi,

He is right, the only wise way to clean off the fungus is to drain the fluid and carefully clean the tube face by hand and then reassemble the lc chamber. If it were me, I would do all three tubes at once and change all the lc fluid at once over time the lc fluid also tends to get milky so the pq is effected.

God bless...

Mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a start.

"Fungus" was a better word to search for than "mold".

I still don't know how to drain, clean, and re-fill. That's what I was looking for in the service manual. The actual steps to take, and location of drain / refill plugs. Procedures of disassembly and reassembly of the LC's are my focus of search.

I'll keep searching. Thanks for the direction. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.