AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me the distance to screen formula for Marquee 8500 please. I lost that link to the website that has all the downloadable manuals and calculators. Dont even remember what the sites name was. Had a name like Tom or Jimmy i think.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
The best "formula" is to put the pj on a movable table, you can shut off all but the green tube, center and maximize it's raster feeding it your highest resolution, then move the table back and forth until you have about 1.5" of image spilling off the sides of the viewable area of your screen. You'll find this gets you closer to the screen than any of the factory recommendations. Which for HT is what you want.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Did you finally get a PJ or is still your "friends".

I have a few deals in the works if your still lookign for something good.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THanks for the advice on how to place a projector. Before I get one into my home I wanted to do some measurements for furniture. I had that distance calculator at one time but list all my Favorite links when I installed WinXP.

Hey VR. My friend up in Denver is going to send me a free porjector for all the work I helped him do setting up his HTPC and room. I have two more friends down here in Phoenix that expressed an interest in putting projectors into their homes. They need to see one in action before I win them over thou.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
That procedure will work on any pj, I just did a Barco 1209 using the same method.

VR...are you asking me if I'm still using my friends 8500? IF so, no, I bought another XG110LC about 3 months ago. This is the last CRT I will own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.