Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AVS'ers,

I just redid the setup of my 9501 (after destroying WM's beautiful work by moving), and am having a little trouble with the raster size. It appears that the raster on the tubes is too wide...ie when lit up it actually seems to fold back over on itself on each side. I am using as much of it as I can (size around 85 at [email protected]), but because it is so large I am unable to use the image shift at all without bumping into the side of the tube (this can be dangerous, right). Anyone offer help on how to control the width of the raster--or is that not something I should need to do?

Thanks

Charles

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Say Charles

Push Geom, 1 to access size adjustments; if the image is wrapping it is not size but retrace you need to change, try PIC, 8 and set for Short retrace.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That did it...but now (of course) I don't have quite enough horizontal size to fill the screen from where my pj is mounted! I hadn't even thought to check the retrace previously (when I did the initial install). Anyone have any tricks for squeezing another inch or two out of the pic (other than pulling it down and starting over)?

Can anyone describe to me the effect retrace has? Any particular advanatges/disadvantages to either (long or short)? Is one more appropriate at certain resolutions, or does resolution not matter at all?

And while we're at it, how about fast vs. slow synch?

TIA!

Charles

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Yea,

If you're using an HTPC, then adjust your retrace timing there with powerstrip or similar software, and set your PJ back to long retrace. Otherwise, move the PJ back...

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Other than to solve the problem you were experiencing, nope....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.