AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
In the Devastator thread Red designed a PA460 MBM. Pretty small form factor with pretty awesome mid bass. It may be a cheap and good sized solution. You could build four of them fairly cheap. Or 8.

Worth a look.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
believe your EQ is making them sound Meh
If I make them to sound Meh,I will ask you for help on make them sound better😉
I know that I have lot to learn,that’s why I’m here and ask you guys for sharing your thoughts and knowledge and I thank you for that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
The Pro drivers setup will give you +12dB more in the 60Hz and up than the UM-18 setup.
The UM-18 setup will give you +2dB more in the 30Hz and below than the Pro drivers setup.

+12dB at 60Hz and up is a lot of extra midbass. "Snappy kick"

If that will be so, I would be very happy☺

·
Registered
19,529 Posts
If I make them to sound Meh,I will ask you for help on make them sound better😉
I know that I have lot to learn,that’s why I’m here and ask you guys for sharing your thoughts and knowledge and I thank you for that.
You are kidding right? I already explained what to do.

·
Registered
Yamaha RXa2060 - HTM12 / Pa460 3way LCR - Volt10s atmos - HT8s rears - (4) Dual JBL Devs - (2) F20s
546 Posts
You are kidding right? I already explained what to do.
Wow MK, you have nice words.

I think what the OP is trying to get across should have been better explained by having a better title to this post, something like “”help me with my Bass array””.

I looked up some stuff he mentioned about the bass arrays and realized that he is fully committed to a “scientific” array someone has convinced him of, Kinda like driving around by yourself with a mask on. So no matter what we say about driver or placement he will have to “learn”.... somehow.

The irony in all this is he posted his spec on his mains and they are only rated to 126Db max, and yet he is hoping for 130+Db. Need I say more.

Blu, I really hope your array turns out the way you envision. But, in my eyes your room has waaaayyy more potential.

·
Registered
19,529 Posts
He actually asked how he can fix his sound like I never said anything before. like he just ignored everything I tried to assist with. I tried explaining how forcing a null to a smaller null will not sound good as he thought he was flat. Sometimes you just have to change your original plan for the sake of a better experience. If he arranges everything and gets a real flat response and still hates the sound then by all means go ahead and spend all that money. He ran a sweep with a crossover at 250hz and it was better, not great but shows just messing with crossover phase won't do it. Now I am curious, where was his mic in all this?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
The UM is a great driver and I never said it wasn’t good, but midbass isn’t it’s strength. If you want better testing with details based on the criteria you desire by all means buy all the boxes and drivers you want, perform your tests, then post a new thread with your detailed results. I’m sure many on here would appreciate it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I looked up some stuff he mentioned about the bass arrays and realized that he is fully committed to a “scientific” array someone has convinced him of, Kinda like driving around by yourself with a mask on. So no matter what we say about driver or placement he will have to “learn”.... somehow.
This two guys did the array and it worked, why shouldn’t it in my room?maybe you’re right,I should ask at the beginning how low can you go with the eight sealed LaVoces in a bass array ,my fault.I didn’t know if I can reach 20Hz and below with this eight particular drivers and now I now.
Thank you.
FoLLgoTT's build: 18 x Peerless XXLS12

mikela's SBA/Trinnov Theater Build

·
Registered
Yamaha RXa2060 - HTM12 / Pa460 3way LCR - Volt10s atmos - HT8s rears - (4) Dual JBL Devs - (2) F20s
546 Posts
This two guys did the array and it worked, why shouldn’t it in my room?maybe you’re right,I should ask at the beginning how low can you go with the eight sealed LaVoces in a bass array ,my fault.I didn’t know if I can reach 20Hz and below with this eight particular drivers and now I now.
Thank you.

The point here that I think we all are tryin to help you with is that you probably didn’t need to order all new drivers just to achieve a desired result.

The two examples you gave here are just your typical baffle wall theaters, You may call them array’s but its just a baffle wall. Baffle wall - array is just like saying expensive fish eggs - caviar.... same thing. The ironic part of all of this is that (from what I’ve read here on AVS) is that anytime you build a baffle wall you Instantly achieve better midbass which is what you were wanting in the first place. The other thing I / we see here is that you could have placed your subs better to achieve a flatter response and still use less Eq doing it while still maintaining your “array”.... but you may have burned that bridge.

You see, although you may have six subs mathematically spaced on your front wall, what you fail to realize is without a baffle wall they just six sub “in a room”. Even with a baffle wall they could be better utilized by placement.

REW has a room optimizer that you can use to optimize four subs and then you could ask for help to optimize the rest. I know it goes against all your principles of an array but wouldn’t you like to maintain the array principles and also achieve the best possible outcome? Without building a baffle wall?

It has to do with exciting room modes based on the size of your room, less about Exact placement times the reflection of sound equal to the distance minus the proportion of the driver plus the FS divided by the length of the frequencies only if the MLP is near but not exact to twice the circumference of the farthest driver.

You just have six subs in a room (or eight now).

Even if you were to order the two UMs the outcome would have been the same as described by some in this post So, just understand that by adding two more you will have to change all your locations and then this WILL NOT be apples to apples comparison with the Um / pro driver. If you drop the six pro drivers into the six you have now then it is a fair comparison. If you move your boxes you will excite different room modes.

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
What test tone should I take to test the new Lavoce drivers free air to see if everything is okay (spider,surround and so)?
That's what I do to every driver I've ever purchased, just make sure not to bottom them out or smoke them before you can get them in a box.

Try rotating your drivers so that the cones are facing the wall, that is as close to a baffle wall as you can get without cutting holes in your wall or losing room volume to a false wall. If that doesn't fix it, then oh well it was free.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thank you.

The first of those bass arrays has 60cm of absorption over the entire rear wall, the second allocated nearly a meter of depth from the rear of the room for absorption.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
What's that:LOL:🤣

101 - 120 of 150 Posts