AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for guidance from the technical gurus.

I own a golf practice facility in Eighty Four, Pa and was looking to drop the cable company we have and go OTA. Looking at all the antenna options gets a bit confusing trying to find which would work since our channel selection doesn't seem to be the best and was looking for some help.

Here is the tv fool report

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=f1f08d759cbf11

Eighty Four, Pa 15330
No restrictions on location and can mount 30' up on the roof.

Thank to all who reply.

·
Registered
797 Posts
As luck would have it, that hill on the other side of 519 and Rizzo Rd is dead in your line of sight towards Pittsburg and it's almost two hundred feet higher than your building's elevation. The next hill in the signal path is another 50+ feet higher.

This isn't going to be simple....

How far to the west (up the hill) could you consider going with the antenna if the rooftop doesn't work out?

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Here is the tv fool report

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=f1f08d759cbf11

Eighty Four, Pa 15330
No restrictions on location and can mount 30' up on the roof.

Thank to all who reply.

Rerun TV Fool for your exact location. The streets in that area look pretty long on Google Earth so the report may not be correct. Use coordinates from Google Earth if you need to. If your new report shows low Noise Margins (NM dB column) try increasing the antenna height until they get higher, even if it's beyond what'd be willing to do just to see how bad it is.

·
Registered
797 Posts
He gave enough info that you can find his rooftop. ;) Hint: Username, city, state..

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Okay. Got it.

That doesn't look very promising. The hill is a 3.7 degree up angle which is a big angle for UHF to refract over. The hill 1/2 mile from me is 0.84 degrees and that attenuates UHF a lot. I'd run a test before I spent much money. Buy a 91XG or a DB8e that you can return and point it at the hill to see if you can receive anything. The higher you go the better it'll be. Compounding the problem is that ABC is 50 degrees off from the other network stations.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts