AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get this thing up and running and mess with the adjustments for about 20 minutes. I put on HD American Idol (
my wife likes the auditions) and she actually said she didn't like the picture as much as the HD1000U I had because....... it was too crisp. "Its so crisp that it doesn't look real. It needs to be blurrier. I don't need to see pores in the skin on close ups."
Too much detail. Thats funny. I love it.

I have the sharpness at +2. So maybe I'll back that off a few ticks. Also, I didn't have the HDTV box set to send 720p. I heard that if you send 1080i (which it was) the Pj converts it to 560p (?...something like that) and then back to 720p which supposedly loses detail. I can't wait to see it with the box sending 720p. I thought it was a very crisp picture with punchy colors. Pretty happy!

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
The settings I gave you for HDMI 720p work ok for 1080i HDMI also. The Sharps scaling of 1080i is very good. There's a high quality lens on the machine also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got one of these units (refurb) from tigerdirect recently. I like the color out of the box but the picture looks a bit grainy. Can someone pm me (or post here) your settings for this unit using component on 720p?

I am feeding it signal through a component input from a LG BD player. Thanks in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts