AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

a friend of mine has his Barco 1209s Graphics fully modded with the latest Eisemann professionally setup.

Processor is a Lumagen XS+.

He found out yesterday, that the 1080P 72/75 Hz signal going to HDMI

input of the modded input card doesn't accept the signal.

are there any Barco 1209s and Eisemann mod customers out there that

had success with the Lumagen combo inputting 1080P 72./75 Hz signals.

Lumagen processor has been checked with Computer CRT monitor and

it works there.

A Laptop with VGA 5 BNC has been connected to the Barco and it works

too.

any help appreciated

Michael

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema mad /forum/post/20852684

Not answering your direct Question But the only way I know is:

The Moome External Full HD V3 Inputs HDMI & will pass 72/75 Hz output into 5BNC of the Barco

with A 15pin HD to 5BNC cable..

http://www.moomecard.com/

Cheers Michael....

Thanks,

that would be a fall back option if there's no upgrade option for the

internal solution.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema mad /forum/post/20853047

Your wellcome, Sorry I couldn't be of more help..

FWIW Has you friend been in contact with Greg Eisemann

to confirm that the internal card isn't compatible with 72/75Hz ?

yes, waiting for a reply

Michael

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yes it does do 72HZ .. I have to investigate why this one does not. There have been a bunch sold recently without an issue its possible some of the early boards had problems back in Jan but that was more of a total black level cut out issue.

We have had a few customers have HDMI issues and it turned out to be the source equipment manufacture firmware in many cases (Sony was terrible on their early gen blue) was an issue and they didn't want to update.

One was actually a bad chip that had handshake problems and another was actually a bad bypass cap on the barco so it would scramble the pic at over 60HZ that was a weird one and I finally tracked down when I removed the cap and replaced it.

I told the customer to send it back for testing to see if we could reproduce the problem, sometimes my firmware machine does not encode perfectly so there could be a bit issue.

The figure was 75% sharper than external encoders typically but it depends on how good your optical focus is, simulation vs non-simulation grade tubes, magnetic adjustment, and finally electronic focus adjustment of the projector.

The noise floor is much lower because we add caps to every op-amp we replace.

I replace all the opamps with lower noise/ higher bw replacements. I also add two caps to every opamp in the video chain and solder the cap right to the new generation op-amps so the noise is killed right at the amp.

I hope that helps some

Greg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Greg ,

Is your mail server down?? you dont reply emails sent this week .

pls advise

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.