AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

If you want to buy chassis with slot ODD, would you prefer eject button on the left or on the right of slot?

Sony BC-5600S and Panasonic UJ875A have eject buttons on the left.

Sony BC-5640H and Teac BD-C24SS-A have eject buttons on the right.

Which ODDs are more popular in the USA?

Europe prefers eject button on the right.

Best regards

·
Registered
54 Posts
Notebooks usually have the drive on the right side of the computer so the button is center or left for an easier reach. Since this is probably going in a desktop case and all 5.25" drives are on the right I would get one in the same location. Before choosing a button location I would care more about the quality of the drive.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The question is:

If you want to buy chassis with slot ODD, would you choose chassis with eject button on the left or on the right side of the slot?

Wesena ITX2, 6, 7 and e5 have eject button on the left side. OrigenAE chassis M10 and S10 also have button on the left side.

Which slot ODDs are more popular in the USA? With eject button on the left or on the right side of the slot?
Does it make sens to offer above chassis with eject button on the right side?

When I checked several places - both models were offered for sale and prices were similar, so I am not sure if such change make sens or if is required by market.

Best regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.