AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to get a pair of these and was wondering if anyone has auditioned them?

Also, what do you think the approx. worth is if they originally sold for $1500?

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I guess not many people have heard of Elac. Too busy browsing ID site forums I guess.

I heard one of the new 200 series ELAC's and they were amazing. Never heard highs so smooth and silky yet superbly detail and utterly clean. I can only speculate how good the 305 if it uses the same tweeter

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive /forum/post/13026608

I guess not many people have heard of Elac. Too busy browsing ID site forums I guess.

I heard one of the new 200 series ELAC's and they were amazing. Never heard highs so smooth and silky yet superbly detail and utterly clean. I can only speculate how good the 305 if it uses the same tweeter

Well I have a chance to get this pair for about $400 and I think I will try them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
is this model better than Elac BS123?

How cheap is it? Dun think it's that expensive as original price.

Mind sharing where you get it at good price? I will grab one if it's better than BS123. I only audition BS123 b4 with NAD C715, very very warm sound (of course the C715 itself is britishish warm.....)

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3320070 /forum/post/13030140

Well I have a chance to get this pair for about $400 and I think I will try them.

Hi.I'm considering a pair of these to run with a PSB subsonic 8 subwoofer,mostly for near field music.I like jazz,classical(small and large form) folk,and new age.What do you think of them?Thanks

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
If its got the jet tweeter, I'd say go for it. I auditioned a pair of their floor standing speakers with some Latin music I own, and I was amazed. The soundstage was huge and the highs were very smooth. I wouldn't use them for home theater, but for two channel music, you'd be hard fought to find better in its price range. Very unique sound.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I like my theater sound to be more in your face. The soundstage was wide, but laid back, for me, won't give the "omph" I'm looking for. The wide sound is great. It creates a stage, but I didn't feel like it had the ability to move past that stage. Now this is only from listening to two channel music, so my judgement may not be the best. But from my experience, speakers with this kind of sound, don't provide the impact that others do for theater sound. I'm not saying you couldn't use them for theater, just that I wouldn't. I think they'd be great for small to medium sized rooms.

Hope that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts