AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this forum and keep coming back I tell you. Kudos to this place.
I have a pair of Mission 780 which I think are great speakers but I've been looking at the Elac Debut 2 6.2 and wondering if anyone knows if they would be significantly better. Appreciate your comments.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
They probably sound more alike than different. I would think it would be a sideways move.

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
If you love your speakers, enjoy them! If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, look at a new sub or center channel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, I've decided to stick with my Missions and invest in repairing my BIC sub which a contractor broke off the Sub in plug on..... long story. :(

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
thanks, I've decided to stick with my Missions and invest in repairing my BIC sub which a contractor broke off the Sub in plug on..... long story. :(
Consider a new sub .. Rsl speedwoofer 10 would be a nice upgrade... I'm not sure how available they are where you're at...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Consider a new sub .. Rsl speedwoofer 10 would be a nice upgrade... I'm not sure how available they are where you're at...
funny you would say that but my BIC 12 just accidentally had the rca cable snap off inside the rca input so now have to replace the sucker or the rca to be specific. damn.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haven't heard of them being available here in Toronto. I just heard back from the manufacturer that they are willing to ship me a new amp at my expense to replace the damaged one in my sub. Sub still sounds great but not sure it will last.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
haven't heard of them being available here in Toronto. I just heard back from the manufacturer that they are willing to ship me a new amp at my expense to replace the damaged one in my sub. Sub still sounds great but not sure it will last.
It's worth a try depending on shipping costs...

·
Registered
699 Posts
I thought rca cables breaking was super rare , there’s no way to fish out the broken rca ? Got pics of what happened?? I had one break too recently

you’d probably need towers to improve your fronts , missions look high quality. You using it for tv/ theater ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought rca cables breaking was super rare , there’s no way to fish out the broken rca ? Got pics of what happened?? I had one break too recently

you’d probably need towers to improve your fronts , missions look high quality. You using it for tv/ theater ?
no, the rca plug actually broke in half and half is inside the sub itself and the other half still left on the cable. sucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts