AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have two Elan S86 for whole house system: controlled by RTI RS232 commands and 2 way drivers

My problem is one input has significantly lower volume level than other sources and I am trying to figure out the easiest way to balance them: I could do it with programming (when low volume source is selected I can program a higher output volume level) or use attenuators on other sources..

but I think there must be an easier way to do this that I am missing?

TIA

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Does the Elan not have an input gain/trim adjustment for each source input? My NuVo system has that feature which I've used to balance the various sources as well. I'd have figured that would be a common feature among these types of products...

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
21,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^

I looked through the serial codes I had and cannot find any input adjustment trim:

but I thought there was a code for it: that would make it almost too easy

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Well that stinks...

I am using a small in-line pre-amp (line level) meant for use in car stereo applications, to adjust the gain on a line-level output I take to an external amp. It works ok, but doesn't seem to provide the "18dB" max gain it claims - as I would expect that to be way too much... I powered it with the 12V trigger output from one of the components, since it's a small draw and well within the ratings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-Amp-RCA-Input-Output-Line-Driver-Signal-Amplifier-/360220383998?pt=US_Adapters&hash=item53decedafe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.