AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can an an Elan expert help me to figure out why the Via Touchpanel will not turn the zone off and not go to sleep? The Elan panels work in all other aspects. We inherited this customer and are not a Elan dealer. Wire management was performed in the rack that all the Elan equipment is in. What wires would have had to be disconnected and then reconnected that could cause this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only wiring between the Via panels and the controller is a single cat5 (maybe a small power wire if at a long distance). If the panel functions properly for other controls, it can't be the wire to the panel. If the panel is controlling an Elan box (S12/8/6/630/etc) and if it functions properly with other commands (changing sources for example), then it's likely not an issue with wiring to the controller - a loose serial cable or unplugged IR would show issues in other areas. If everything else works, then most likely it is a situation where the programming on the Via itself is not correct. If you are not an Elan dealer and don't have access to Via!Tools or a learner, it's probably going to be difficult to fix this one. Double check all of the wiring to the controller (if there is a system panel, make sure that none of the wires have come loose) as the easy fix, but you'll probably end up needing to partner up with an Elan dealer in your area to take a look at the code on the panels.

**I'm not an Elan dealer, but I play one on television**

Spooky

·
Registered
467 Posts
sounds like a programming issue maybe it was programmed with an older version of viatools which might have had a bug

·
Registered
467 Posts
possible cause the panel is programmed for another zone and not sending correct command to zone. but usually you have other problems with panel if this is the case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts