AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been fortunate i think to stumble across a 9500lc . my problem is it has not remotes at all. is it possible to power on the unit to look at the tubes without it. I need some help in what to look for and how to do it if someone could be so kind . thanks..

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
use it is missing too. i thought that was weird. I just had a guy come over and show me a little older yamaha dlp also. you think this will look better? i'm pretty sure this 9501 is just fine its just missing remotes. i was hoping to figure out how to turn it on without one to check the tubes tonight but i guess i'll just have to be a little patient.

· Registered
4,148 Posts
Gary, if that 9501 has good tubes you'd be crazy to let it get away. At least let me have a shot at it if you're going to pass! ;)

· Registered
198 Posts
Gary

I am with Phil. The 9501LC is one of the best PJ's to be had. It

will display video better than any other PJ technology for the price.

Grab it. Remotes are not a problem. They are readily available from

resellers that frequent this forum and often listed on e-bay too.

DH

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i understand this is a great unit but here are my issues. this is not in a dedicated room , it is in my living room. although the living room is quite large. i have ambient light issues, thats why i choose a firehawk screen. how will the 9501 do with the firehawk? i didn't think i would be going crt so this is why i choose this screen. just fell into this deal. i'd hate to tell yall what i gave for it as i know it would make most of you sick! lol so i just need help getting it going and to see exactly what condition its in. it also has the acon on the front of it too.

· Registered
412 Posts
I only watch DVD movies on my unit, may start to watch HDTV, but with my case I only watch at night. I am at work M-F and during the day on the weekends, I am busy with other projects. So the lack of total light control is not an issue. I use a Draper screen, so I can not comment on the Firehawk.

Even without a remote, you can pull the lenses off and take a look for burns on the CRTs (burns will be brown in color.)

Maybe some fellow CRTer that lives close to you has a remote and would be willing to come over?

The other thought is if you have a Pronto or another such programable remote, remotecentral.com has many of the download codes.

Good luck and I would keep the Ehome, you can always sell it to one of us, or on fleaBay.

· Registered
7,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gary r
use it is missing too. i thought that was weird. I just had a guy come over and show me a little older yamaha dlp also. you think this will look better?
Yes, the DLP will look much better. I'll give you $100 for the 9500LC and even pay for shipping myself! :)

In all seriousness, if the PJ's in good shape (and the tubes are good), you've jsut stumbled onto something that should normally cost around $10-18K USD.

The firehawk screen (0.85 gain if I'm not mistaken) will unfortunately not work very well with a CRT projector. You should be looking at a screen around 1.3 gain for the best image quality, otherwise you'll have to drive the tubes considerably harder (shortening the lifespan of the tubes).

Kal

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well the stewart firehawk is a 1.35 gain so maybe i will be ok afterall. mike newman will be visiting me early next week so hopefully he will tell me i got a keeper.

· Registered
4,148 Posts
Well I hope it all works out for you, but if it doesn't let me know! I have been looking for a 9500 for a while and will be a strong buyer on it in any condition.

· Registered
247 Posts
ya gotta tell us how much you paid for it !!

and the circumstances too.

i love a good story with a happy ending.

ive got a fresh box of tissues here just waiting for the crying to start.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i work at a large company that had surplus these years ago and i got involved with a project to find out what kind of projectors the company was buying and try to standardize. well after doing some research i found out that we had had some crt projectors at one point replaced with dlp's in large conference rooms. anyway i found these in surplus. I actually got four projectors and theres one more but i can't get my hands on it because its still showing book value and they are still writing it off. Too bad too because its a marquee 9000. so the other ones i got are a sony 1031q which really seems to be pristine. I fired it up and look in the tubes and it looks almost new. i got a sony 1271q. which i would say it might have some use but i don't think its bad. then i got a imager 414 by ge which i've been told its a nec3000. its black and looks to be pristine also. one other thing i got is a barco 29 tube monitor . its going to be a great game monitor for my kids i think. Anyway as a follow up from my 9501 i got it going last night . i used a pronto and got the codes work into the pronto. fired up th marquee and it came up great. Its way out of focus and made to mount upside down so i couldn't read it and didn't have the strenght to flip it over. I'm just gonna leave it alone until Mike Newman can look at it. there was no remotes for any of the units though and the 1271q I guess was using some kind of external switcher because it really has no inputs other than one bnc and a svideo. all need convergence of course. I'm sure some of these will get on the market soon . I've never sold anything really on ebay or anything and probably won't. I 'll probably just try to sell them locally. to much hassle for me to get them ready for shipment. I'd probably would do some trading of some kind too. I'm probably will end up using the marquee of course so i'm sure a scaler is in my future too. Anyways to make a long story short i got them for (Let's just say PENNIES!) Doesn't everyone have the right to come across a good deal once!! lol I just hope it works out for me.

· Registered
412 Posts
If you want to play a little before the master gets to you, let us know. It is very easy to focus and flip the image. I totally understand you may prefer to leave it until Mike gets there.

Nice to hear folks stepping in it!!!!

· Registered
10,524 Posts
Ok That's enough,

I don't want to read any more posts about people getting 9 inch projectors for pennies.

Unless It's me whos getting the 9 inch projector for pennies.

Jealousy is a terrible thing.

-Brian

· Registered
412 Posts
3800 of them to be exact, I did get a great deal, but no where near what Gary stepped in.

· Registered
10,524 Posts
Ouch!

Seriously guys this hurts.

I may have to stop reading this forum alltogeather.

So Long folks and thanks for all the fish.

=Brian

p.s. If anyone knows how to find 9 inch CRT projectors for cheap then email me ok because I'm really quite depressed about my lack of 9 inch CRT goodness.

[email protected]

· Registered
481 Posts
I have three 9501LC in stock if anyone is intrested. Eisemann-theater.com

email
[email protected]

· Registered
412 Posts
What brain?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.