AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasnt sure if this post belongs here or in the HT accessories area, so I put in in both. I'm contemplating the purchase of a few HT seats, either Berkline 090 or Barcalounger Premier, and I was wondering if electric control is worth the extra expense. It sure seems like it would be advantageous to have ability to 'lock' the chair in any position, not to mention the 'cool' factor. Do the manual control chairs tend to stay put at any point in their range of travel, or are they more like traditional recliners with two or three positions? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have 7 Berkline 090's, all manual. No problems. Many have described the necessity of electric, but I don't see it. There is a spring set available from Berkline if you have a problem. My main reason for going with the manual is the number of kids/nephews etc. that would do nothing but burn the motors out in the chairs once they found the button.

Note...these chairs are BIG, look at the measurements before you order. They will fit through a 28"" door, however.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I have 3 electric Berklines, 4 manual. Wish I had all 7 electric.

Reasons:

1) You can stop them where you want them to stop.

2) You won't move too quickly into the position you want.

3) You won't have to explain over and over where the button hides to recline the darned thing.

4) It's a lot easier to put back into original position - although my calves get a great workout on the manuals!

Pam

·
Registered
915 Posts
Ditto Pam's post... I have 2 electric and 5 manual units.

Her reason #1 is incredibly important!

Get the electric!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I second Pam's statement!

·
Registered
270 Posts
WIth the 090's What would be the best bet for a riser heigth then??

This is to say I have one row on the "floor" and the other row on the riser...

Obviously not everyone is the same heigth and the kids would be best onthe floor.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
worm.....nothing wrong with cheating...til ya' get caught!:D

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Electric, absolutely.

Best place to get the Berkline 090's that I have found is to call Joyce at N.C. Discount Furniture in Morrow, GA. (I have the # somewhere, but you can call directory assistance). I bought 4 black leather 090's with electric motors, delivered and set up (in Norcross, GA) for a little over $3,000. These were leather match (who needs leather backs?) chairs.

Joyce is wonderful, even stored my seats for a few months while I completed my HT, and didn't even want me to pay for them until they were delivered!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.