AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a JVC RS2 B stock and I am looking for a electric screen as well.

The system will be on one side of a 30x30 great room with 8ft ceilings, with moderate ambient lighting.

I will be ceiling mounting the JVC at a distance of 15' from the projection wall. I have created a 10ft recessed area behind a 1 ft soffit for a screen based on a maximum mounted screen width of 120" (including any masking that may be reqd).

One of the suggestions was to go with a 1.4 gain Carada, but it appears that this is not available as an electric/retractable screen.

The main use of the screen would be for OTA HDTV sports broadcasts, DiSH and DVD / Blu-ray movies from a media server.

I am looking at a electric 16:9 screen between 100" and 124" diagonal under $3000.

What are my choices?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
If you want a fairly bright image and can place your projector somewhat near eye level and don't have viewing angle issues I would consider a DaLite HP screen. Jason sells those.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jason

Alan seems to have a strong preference for the carada 1.4 fixed screen. I may actually go with a fixed screen as it appears that this is the preferred option for both screen longevity and performance within my budget.

I don't think the Dalite HP will work as the projector will be ceiling mounted (close to the 8' ceiling).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts