AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of ordering one but I'm wondering what to do with the power cable. I can have an outlet built into either the ceiling near the wall or high up the wall near the ceiling. I think mounting the screen high on the wall might be best so I would have the receptacle installed high up the wall but how high up?

Should it be several inches below the screen casing? Should it be outside of the screen area even though it would be seen? Naturally I want to hide the cable behind the screen when it's down but would also like to have it hidden when the screen is in it's casing. I suppose the only way to do this is to mount the screen on the ceiling a few inches away from the wall in order to give the cable and plug enough room yet remain hidden.

Is there a better or another way to do this?

Wayne

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good idea. I've worked with raceways before but I like your idea better. That would certainly disguise the cord if I can't completely hide it. I was just wondering what those who've installed electric screens have done to make the cord disappear.

If I can't hide the cord completely I think your idea is the next best thing.

Thanks!

Wayne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts