AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I recently purchased the Panasonic 50" plasma and a thin wall mount and when the electrician installed the outlet he put it right below the mount and since the mount is only 1.3" away from the wall the power cord wont plug into the outlet because its too close to the back of the plasma, Any ideas? Do you know of a power cord that I can use that has the l shaped end to plug in the outlet? I think they call them space saver cords? Will that work? Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
Have the electrician come back in install a recessed outlet. Sometimes called a Clock outlet.

·
Registered
915 Posts
An angled plug might work. The electrical industry also manufacturers recessed duplex outlets for applications like this. The outlet is essentially recessed into the wall an inch or two so the plug does not stick out as far. Perhaps, your electrican could swap out the current one for something like that.

Edit: Started typing post, got a phone call and finished it. See that someone answered your question by time I hit send.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.