AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung TX-T3093WH HD CRT that I have had for a year and a half now, with no significant problems. Recently I hooked up a Playstation 3 via HDMI and it seems to be causing a short in the coaxial cable from the CATV. The first indication was static in the TV picture and a very warm connector at the wall plate for the CATV. When I disconnected the wall plate I found that the insulation inside had melted. When I reconnected everything back together with a normal CATV splitter I noticed sparking when I touched the coaxial cable to the splitter. I moved the TV to another room and it all worked fine. So I ended up unplugging everything and trying things one at a time. Everything was fine until I plugged the PS3 into the electrical outlet, then I got the sparks again. I have tried 2 HDMI cables and have this problem with both. Even if I turn the PS3 completely off on the back of the unit this occurs. It only stops if the PS3 is completely unplugged from the wall. Everything seems to work ok on the PS3. I get a great picture and sound, but this is a problem, and I'm not sure it's even really safe. I have an Oppo DVD player hooked up via HDMI as well and that doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts