Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all--

OK, I just replaced my Sony 1292Q with an Electrohome 9500LC, and I'm trying to get it up and running (Dave Harper is, I hope, going to do a professional convergence on it on April 28). For some reason, this projector won't take the 1440x960 at 48Hz that my 1292 was taking. It's really frustrating, because it won't take 1440x960 at any frequency--it just craps out, and I have no idea why... Any ideas out there? The Sony had no problem with it, and I'm assuming since the Electrohome is a better unit in most regards that it's something I'M doing and not the fault of the projector...

Hope to hear from someone that might know...!

Chad :)

P.S. I'm running an HTPC with a Holo3d card and DScaler, none of which is new equipment from when I took down the Sony.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
My 9500LC is running 1440x960/72 Hz with no problem. I wish I could offer more, maybe Tim can jump in here but it is definitely not a problem with all 9500s.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey again--

Never mind, I came up with the solution! BUT, now I have an interference problem that I have to figure out--I'm not sure where THIS is coming from, but if worst comes to worst I guess I'll just replace my cables...

Chad :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
The EM9500LC uses a dual band horizontal deflection circuit. The switching point between the two bands is 59kHz. Running [email protected] the projector is just past the switching point dropping to 48 Hz could be putting the projector right on the crossover point. Try changing to 59.94 Hz and see if that changes things.

·
Registered
264 Posts
It could be the sync on green problem try unplugging the green if it works OK then you just need to disable the sync on green. Look at the maintenance thread on how to do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.