Hi,

Im interested in this unit.I have the oppertunity of getting one for 200$

But I dont know if its worth it...

has anyone had any experience with one?

thanks.

·
Registered
594 Posts
It "depends". :) Are the tubes in good shape? If so and you get it for $200 then yes, it's more than worth it. I have an ECP4000 and I'm quite happy with it.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
As long as it powers up with all 3 CRT's and they're not too worn, it's a steal. On HDTV, you'll be stunned at the pic quality (properly aligned, that is).

·
Registered
500 Posts
For 200 bucks its a joke. It cost 16 grand originally. A portion of the parts are worth much more than that. Just buy it and set it up, if it doesn't work, buy a second and you have a parts supply. I had one hanging for years. It was a great little set.

Mike

·
Registered
500 Posts
For 200 bucks its a joke. It cost 16 grand originally. A portion of the parts are worth much more than that. Just buy it and set it up, if it doesn't work, buy a second and you have a parts supply. I had one hanging for years. It was a great little set.

Mike

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Worth it! Make sure it works though. You'll be able to resolve a SVGA desktop 800x600 @72Hz very well, that'll throw a decent picture. Coupled with a 3D fusion you'll be in DVD bliss. I don't know if it'll do 720 p properly but you shoudl try...

R-S

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow, Im not getting emailed when I get a reply..jeez I hate that! :(

any way,I can get it for 234$ shipped or lower.I don't really know much about the tubes though....but I'm willing to risk it,I bought a BG801s last week(a risk) for 575 shipped and the tubes are NEW perect...but I have a ad EHT(which I bough for 50$ its coming this weds)and I plan to fix it,I was told its worth fixing.

My HT is not complete yet...so no 720P ..I dont have a DVD player ..yet..lol

i'm still searching for an alternative to high priced HDTV,My satelite signal is HDTV(some channels) But I need a receiver...:(

Thanks again for all the help guys :)

oh yeah I can also get an ECP 3500 or 4100 for 400$ (shipped)

ND-

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uhh... ok Never mind lol the guy stopped emailing me...

better yeah I bought an ECP 4100 for 265$ shipped!! lol and I also bought and ECP 3101 with ACON..I was told this was a good unit I will keep which evers best :)

ND-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.