AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to test an electrohome marquee 8500 or 8501 without the remote control. I have the opportunity to purchase one, but its without the remote so i dont know how to test it. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

· Registered
532 Posts
Do you mean the one inside under the lid is missing?

If yes you can bring a laptop and use the remote control software thru the com port

email me if you need it.

[email protected]

· Registered
1,060 Posts
With the SW, you will be able to control the unit with the full functionality of the normal remote. That sounds like your best bet at this point short of buying a remote. If you had a pronto, you could probably find the codes on remote central or the prontedit website.

· Registered
620 Posts
Was lucky to buy 3(!) 8500 from my company in Norway. We will test the conditions this weekend. They should be gone ca 3-4000hour on the tubes.

How many hours lifetime will the tubes last?

Greetings Rolf

· Registered
115 Posts
First of all, congratulations. How about selling one. Send a quote as private message ; - ) The lifespan of tubes varies a lot depending on the usage. You can damage a tube severly within 1000 hours and the practical upper limit might be 10 000 - 12 000.

marqueedehome

· Registered
620 Posts
Have one of them in house...at last :)

The PJ looks great. There are no sign of any burn in the tubes, and we even checked the inside for any sign of condition. There was no dust inside, and also the fans was as new. It came completed with ceiling mount kit. Also like that it was in black design, as the PJ will be mounted on a black ceiling...I'm so happy today :)

Tomorrow I had to buy an RGB-VGA cable for further testing...

-Rolf-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.