AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this tv worth buying? I think it's the same tv that was walmart's black friday special for $800, but now it's $700. http://www.walmart.com/ip/ELGFW551/15190106

It it worth it, or would I be better off getting a panasonic or samsung 720p plasma for the same price range. I don't know anything about the Element brand, but 700 for a 55 in. 1080p seems hard to pass up. Thoughts?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone own it? Could you please share your feedback on a couple of specific questions about this Element 55" LCD TV ($699)? I could really use some answers before deciding whether or not to get it.

1. Does it do 1:1 pixel mapping through HDMI? (also known as "Just Scan" i.e. no overscan or underscan)? This is important to use with a PC.

2. Can the backlight be adjusted (slightly different from brightness, which is of course available. most LCD HDTVs backlight is too bright for use as a monitor and needs to be adjusted lower)? Sometimes it is marked as for dark room / bright room on some TVs but if incremental backlight level can be adjusted instead of preset, that would be great to know.

Walmart does not have this TV in-store so I cannot check it out. Please help. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.