AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone own the Elemental Designs A7-450? If so, please post your comments about performance and any comparisons you made.

I started wanting to purchase the Epik Conquest, but it's no longer available and I want big, powerful, great sounding subwoofer that will produce high SPL for home theater.

The size of the A7-450 is about as big as I can fit into my room and it seems like a good choice.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
I had a set of 450's (dual) in my 6000 cu ft room and they did the job, I just didn't care for the SQ. I traded a guy for a Conquest and for me that was the right thing to do. Love the Conquest and the 450's were really not for me (sealed).

Bill

·
Registered
2,494 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoko2 /forum/post/17028587

I had a set of 450's (dual) in my 6000 cu ft room and they did the job, I just didn't care for the SQ. I traded a guy for a Conquest and for me that was the right thing to do. Love the Conquest and the 450's were really not for me (sealed).

Bill

op said a7-450 not the "s"

·
Registered
4,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlindeman /forum/post/17028622

Bill,

This guy is asking about the A7-450, not the A7S-450s. Different speaker used, and the A7-450 is ported instead of sealed.

oops go me with the late post.

Sorry! Next time I should tryout the not "S" 450.

Bill

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoko2 /forum/post/17028587

Bill

So you prefer the ported sound? That's good to hear....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Haven't heard it but I've seen it in pieces, it's huge! The driver is also I think specially made for this particular application and it is built for serious output!! Give a little to sq but gives a ton of output is what I was told

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rboster,

Thanks for all the threads. There' still isn't much information on the newer, updated version of A7-450, which I believe didn't start shipping until the first quarter of 2009, which means older threads wouldn't be valid.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpioli /forum/post/17033594

rboster,

Thanks for all the threads. There' still isn't much information on the newer, updated version of A7-450, which I believe didn't start shipping until the first quarter of 2009, which means older threads wouldn't be valid.

My bad. I didn't realize there were changes made to the model.

·
Registered
821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSarc /forum/post/17193422

just jump the gun with 2 a7-450s it will be ready and shipped out 5-6 weeks cant wait

cool, can u give us a little review once u get it. thx

1 - 20 of 32 Posts