AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am getting the go ahead for another sub project from the Wife, reason being because of the price to of the driver that I quoted only $25 (holding back that I want to get a sub plate amp from PE, the Dayton 240w w/boost for a later time or else the project might get vetoed). Does anyone have any opinions and experience with this driver. Project suggestions are also welcomed. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like this driver. I am currently using 4 in a 9-10 cu ft ported box. Its a new subwoofer sound for me as I was used to smaller drivers. That being said I really enjoy the way it interacts with the room. Very smooth and powerful, that being said I think they need to be used in groups not just 1 by itself. I am running 800 watts into each pair whole box is getting a mono signal. I think there is a crappy pic on a different thread of the box. I still haven't finished it. I was waiting for it to quit raining for a few days to haul it out and put Bedliner on it.

Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoa that sounds like a real monster you have there. Well due to space restrictions I can't do more than 1 and I have to gather all that I want in parts so first it's the driver. I was thinking of going with a 26" H x 16"W x 16"D tuned to about 25Hz (still to calculate the tuning). i also wanted to use the driver in a down firing position with about 4" clearance from the ground. as it would be out of sight from my 11 month old son (by the time I finish this project he might be a bit older and more exploratory). How does this sound ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.