AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73,524 Posts
^^^ No more or less stupid than showing "A Christmas Story" every two hours on Christmas day, which has been a ratings bonanza for TNT and TBS for many years. I question both the choice of movie ("Elf" isn't really that funny or memorable/classic, IMHO) and the date its airing (New Year's Eve) given that its about a holiday that is already a week old. But hey, it's an NBC-Universal channel and these folks march to the beat of their own (imaginary) drum.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah, seriously, I wouldn't watch 10 minutes of a Will Ferrell movie, let alone 24 hours. With all of the great content that USA Network has access to, they chose this garbage? Why not a Psych or Burn Notice marathon? Anyone? Anyone? Those shows return on January 9th, why not try to draw in some more interest?

How about an action/sci-fi marathon? Indiana Jones, Serenity, Pirates of The Caribbean...

·
Registered
6,903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepier /forum/post/15424117

I think this is a way for the USA staff to take the day off. Just pop in a movie and let it run continuosly with a few commercials thrown in.

Disney makes those, it's called FastPlay. Pop it in and your set. They must have a BR version with commercials already inserted.

My wife was watching parts of Elf yesterday cause she likes the movie. But I'm questioning why they showed it all day, but more why did they do it after Christmas?

·
Registered
6,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell /forum/post/15434074

Seems like they wore Elf out around Thanksgiving also, didn't they? The movie is decent enough, but I can't see it being enough for a 24 hr. marathon.

Some people thought that around a 11 years ago regarding some small movie that did limited box office about some kid wanting a BB gun for Christmas.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV /forum/post/15438686

There's a difference:

A Christmas Story is actually...good.

Not to mention that they run it at Christmas, ELF is a Christmas movie, running it on Christmas or Christmas eve would have made more sense than running it at New Year's. I don't notice them running the movie about the kid and the BB gun on New Year's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.