AVS Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Is anyone having troubles with EyeTV 3.6.9-7416 on OS10.11.5? My EPG goes until this Saturday and will not update any further.
I had that same problem. To solve it, I bought a new TV Guide subscription. My previous subscription would have ended in February but was extended a year, so I was getting a freebie for the last several months. It seems to me that with 3.6.9, those extensions became invalid. Getting the new subscription and clearing the EPG got me back in business

·
Registered
2 Posts
EPG Stops at Saturday

My TVGuide loads thru Saturday and stops. I first noticed that it would only load thru Saturday about a week ago. I've cleared and EPG database and retried the download, but I get the same result - programming through Saturday noon. I'm running 3.6.9 (7416) on a MBPro with 10.11.5. My TVGuide subscription expires in late Nov. 2016, so a subscription renewal in June is a no-go for me.

I sent an e-mail to support and received their canned auto-reply that they would get back to me. Hopefully, it will be before Saturday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also sent a email to support 2 days ago and have not got a response yet but I figured out how to get it to work.
I had to register on services.geniatech.eu then in eyetv from the guide use the email address and password I just registered on services.geniatech.eu. In my case I used the same email address so All I need to do was change my password.

I hope this helps others that have the same problem.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I also sent a email to support 2 days ago and have not got a response yet but I figured out how to get it to work.
I had to register on services.geniatech.eu then in eyetv from the guide use the email address and password I just registered on services.geniatech.eu. In my case I used the same email address so All I need to do was change my password.

I hope this helps others that have the same problem.
It looks like what ever OS version you are running or EyeTV version or even when you last renewed your TVGuide subscription you still need to register at services.geniatech.eu. It would have been nice for them to have sent some kind of notice that this was the new process. My system had been working just fine until sometime in the last two weeks when it stopped updating the EPG. I am glad I had looked forward and noticed it was no longer updating before it was too late.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thanks to all for this thread. I was going crazy trying to get things to work, and for some reason I never received responses from Geniatech, but I now have TV Guide working with my copy of EyeTV 3.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still no replay from Geniatech; hopefully, this isn't an indication of their future services.

Taking Phillie14586's advice, I registered at services.geniatech.eu using my Elgato e-mail and a new password. The Geniatech site immediately showed all of my registered products.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been using eyeTV with HDHomeRun for the past 8 years and last week it died. I have ordered another HDHomeRun but it is currently backordered!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I just successfully renewed the TV Guide subscription for my EyeTV software's program guide. I thought I'd post here that the services.geniatech.eu server was very slow to respond, so it took forever for both EyeTV to accept the renewal code link you get in email.

I also tried logging into my support account at services.geniatech.eu and it was just as slow. It looks like all services provided by services.geniatech.eu are running very very slowly right now, but have patience and the operations will complete.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts