AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a constant noise in my speakers that does not variate when the volume is turned up or down. The noise is there with the car on and off and I know its not engine noise or alternator whine because it doesn't fluctuate.

I have pin pointed it to my stereo patch cables that go from my amplifier into my head unit. They are cheap blue ones which are not twisted or anything so here is my question.

To get rid of this noise should I buy some of those more expensive twisted cables that are suppose to eliminate noise

or should i buy 2 ground loop isolators and hook them on my old cables

which do you think would be a for sure fix because I don't want to dump my money with no results.

·
Registered
613 Posts
1: a list of your equipement always help us to help you.

2: unplug all your equipement then plug them one by one till the buzz start to figure out wich box cause it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
performance teknique amp icbm775 50w x 4ch

its in a 65 mustang the headunit is made by custom autosound rated 240 watts

ive had 2 different head units but both have noise

i moved my power wire to the other side of the car and it significantly decreased the noise

could it be my cheap rca cables?

my grounds are good although one is in the back of the car (the amp) and the head unit one is in the front

it starts when i plug in rca cables to the amp then to the head unit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.