AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
very nicely done and in good taste. Love the wall colors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What are the dimensions of your room and how far back are you sitting? I'm got a pany AX200 and I'm trying to figure out what size screen to get. I'd like a 110" but I'm on the fence and wondering if 120" would be took big. Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovilla /forum/post/12891285

What are the dimensions of your room and how far back are you sitting? I'm got a pany AX200 and I'm trying to figure out what size screen to get. I'd like a 110" but I'm on the fence and wondering if 120" would be took big. Thanks

thanks sharard.

Ovilla, the dimensions are 18' X 13'. Main seating is at 15'.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Love the room man, don't those things sticking up into the screen area bother you? Or do you just put them on the ground when you use it? Lol. Either way looks great. Love the seating too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all. I still have some work to do with the room, however. I ordered HDMI and component cables @ 50ft each from monoprice and didnt realize just how thick gauge these cables are. Well due to this, I had to re-vamp the way I intended on running the cables from my AV equipment to the PJ. The solution I came up with is to install HDMI and component wall plates on the upper part of the wall and run the 50 footers on the backside of the right wall to another set of wall plates and finally out to the satellite receiver and xbox 360. I am hoping that I dont see signal degredation from the two wall plates along with the 50ft cables.

Revolt -those two things sticking up arent anymore. They have been placed lower, so no obstructions.

Dark Helmet -thanks..hey post pics of your progress..

·
Premium Member
494 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayteez /forum/post/12923369

The solution I came up with is to install HDMI and component wall plates on the upper part of the wall and run the 50 footers on the backside of the right wall to another set of wall plates and finally out to the satellite receiver and xbox 360. I am hoping that I dont see signal degredation from the two wall plates along with the 50ft cables.

Nice room!

We've used HDMI wall plates with long HDMI cables before and had no signal issues, so I don't think you'll have any problems.

One thing I would suggest is to secure the HDMI cable to the backside of the plate as best you can with electrical tape so that it doesn't pop off inside the wall after you get everything put back together. The heavy-gauge monoprice cable doesn't always bend the way you'd like, and the HDMI connection in general is pretty loose.

Some plates have short extension cables that make this easier.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Marc. The HDMI plates that I ordered actually have the extension cable on the rear that you mention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Rumsey /forum/post/12926222

Nice room!

We've used HDMI wall plates with long HDMI cables before and had no signal issues, so I don't think you'll have any problems.

One thing I would suggest is to secure the HDMI cable to the backside of the plate as best you can with electrical tape so that it doesn't pop off inside the wall after you get everything put back together. The heavy-gauge monoprice cable doesn't always bend the way you'd like, and the HDMI connection in general is pretty loose.

Some plates have short extension cables that make this easier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a few simple questions about the CineTension screens.

1) When facing the screen which side of the screen does the electrical cord come out of?

2) How long is the electrical cord?

3) Is that the only wiring I need to worry about hiding?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobi /forum/post/12932829

1) When facing the screen which side of the screen does the electrical cord come out of?

Thank you.

This is an older review, but it may help you as it has many details and photos:
http://www.avscience.com/reviews/scr...inetension.htm

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
waiting on movie posters and ats acoustic panels to arrive. had hdmi, component and an electrical outlet installed in the ceiling near the projector as well as hdmi and component plates near the AV equipment on side of screen wall. This equals 62' of hdmi and 62' of component with no degredation of signal from the source coupled with plate connections, so to the folks wondering about length of cables and connections, knock yourselves out..it will still work...and these are cables from mono.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobi /forum/post/12932829

Thank you.

the power cord is on the left and is at least 4 ft long

1 - 16 of 16 Posts