AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I've tried eveything I know to correct this problem. Basically, my 45TX is not recognizing/outputting bass (LFE) for movies via it's digital connection. Here's the setup:

- Elite 45TX

- NHT T5's, which include the subs, and amp and crossover which go green when recoginizing the LFE

- Elite DV45A and Yamaha CX1 (yes, I've tried both)

As just mentioned, it does not pass the signal whether using the DV45A or the CX1. I re-ran MCACC, switched the fronts to small, made sure the crossover is set to 80Hz, made sure the digital input assign is correct, everything I can think of. The NHT amp and crossover just stay orange, instead of kicking in, and I'm using T2 to test things out, so plenty of bass available. I even switched coax cables. However, it will output the LFE on multi-channel audio (analog mode). So, I believe I've narrowed it down to the 45TX and the digital input/output. Any suggestions? Am I missing something in the setup menu? This is driving me nuts. The only change I've made recently is swap out my in-ceilings for some NHT L5's, but that should have no effect on the LFE. Please help, I'm going nuts!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
You might want to go into the bass peak setting and hit "setting cancel" If the BPL was started but not finished properly, you get no LFE output.

Sorny

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll go give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorny,

You are the man! I just went down and gave that a whirl, and presto, boom-o! It would've been 2 weeks later if I had to figure that out on my own. I don't think this is the first time you got my ass out of a ringer either. You are truly an asset to this community. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
You are most welcome. I've been bitten by the BPL before...

Sorny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.